The “Rheingau line” between Frankfurt am Main train station and Koblenz train station (sometimes continues to Neuwied/Rhine) stops in Rüdesheim am Rhein at least once an hour. There is a taxi rank directly at the train station. You can find a bus stop at the Bromserburg Castle, 100 m from the train station. Schedule information is available at www.rheingaulinie.de or by phone at +49(0)69/450099 650.
Rüdesheim am Rhein is 40 km from Frankfurt Airport and can therefore be reached easily from all international destinations. Travel time to/from Frankfurt Airport is 55 minutes by car or about 1.5 hours by public transport (train and tram). Frankfurt Hahn airport is 65 km from Rüdesheim am Rhein and can be reached in 1 hour 15 mins by car (please plan in the wait time for the Rüdesheim-Bingen ferry).
Parking in Rüdesheim
- P1 – “Bleichstraße/Apotheke” (cars only) 1,50 € per hour
- P2 – “An der Ringmauer/Seilbahn” (cars and coaches) 1,30 € per hour, maximum per day 13,00 €, coaches 8,00 € per day
- P3 – “Grabenstraße/Bleichstraße” (cars only) 1,50 € per hour.
- P4 – “Rheinhalle” (cars and coaches) Geisenheimer Straße cars: 1,50 €/hour, coach 7,50 €/2 hours, each additional hour 2,50 €
- P5 – „Auf der Lach“ (cars only) free parking
- P6 – “Auf der Lach” (coaches) free parking
- P8 – “Burgstraße/Oberstraße” (cars only) 1,50 €/hour
- P9 – Parkplatz Postplatz (cars only) 1,50 €/hour
- Kastanienallee/Freizeitzentrum (free parking)
- Kastanienallee/Asbach-Bad (free parking)
- Europastraße (outside normal business hours)
- Rheinstraße-Zentrum, Rheinstraße 29 (cars only) as displayed
You can find free disabled parking spaces in car parks P3, P4, P9, on the Marktplatz and at Adlerturm/Rheinstraße.
Parking in Assmannshausen
- Rheinuferstraße 1a – Platz von Juliénas – DB train station (cars, campervans and coaches) free parking
- Am alten Bahnhof (cars only) 1,50 €/Std. *
- Rheinuferstraße/Rheinallee (cars only) 1,50 €/hour. *
- „Unter den Linden“ Rheinallee 1+2 (cars and coaches) 5€/day. When eating in the restaurant “Unter den Linden” the parking is credited
- Rheinallee 4 – Vereinshaus (cars only) 1,50 €/hour *
- Höllenbergstraße (cars and coaches) free parking, directly at the “Rheinsteig” hiking trail
Free parking on parking lots with * from 1 November until 31 March.
Parking with motorbike and
With your motorbike, you can park on the Rheinstraße between the Markt and the Adlerturm. Every vehicle requires a parking ticket.
Parking for caravans/campervans is permissible in all car spaces at a fee, as long as they fit within the space and the height limited is observed on entry.
Parking at the Niederwald monument
You can park cheaply in the carpark at the Niederwald monument, very close to the monument, the Niederwald Temple and the cableway station. The carpark is open all year round. Flat rate parking fees per day: Bus €8, campervan €8, car €4, motorbikes free. Contact: Tel. +49 (0)6722-2402